3M Safety & Security Films
3M Safety & Security Films Information
- The proprietary tear and penetration resistant material of 3M provides the superior strength over standard films.
- Ordinary window films are easy to tear but due to our multiple, micro-thin layer technology 3M™ films are incredibly strong.
- 3M™ High Mass Clear Adhesives hold the glass together upon impact.
- The retrofit application of 3M™ upgrades existing annealed glass to Australian Safety Glazing Standards.
- All 3M™ Films, clear or tinted, stop 99% of the sun’s UV rays, rays that are responsible for causing fading and sun damage.
- Horrible injuries result from children or adults accidentally crashing through glass doors or windows in the home or in school.
- 3M™ is a tough, strong, durable shield that bonds to the inside of your windows. Even when the glass is broken, the film holds the glass together.
- As well as increasing safety, 3M™ offers protection against flying shards of glass in violent weather.
- Extensive testing has been conducted to ensure that 3M™ will substantially reduce the potential for damage and injuries from fragmented glass in the event of a bomb blast.
- 3M provides a penetration and tear resistant shield to your existing glass to deter smash & grab crimes
- Since time and stealth are vital, thieves usually give up quickly
- Vandalism could be limited to replacing a glass pane – property inside may not be exposed to further vandalism or theft
- 3M™ is available in clear or tinted film to reduce heat and glare from the sun.
Heat & Glare Control
- Our window films allow you to control the amount of heat and glare that comes into your home or office through the windows
- 3M™ Sun Control Films are designed to stop most of the sun’s heat before it enters the building
- Our films can reduce up to 78% of the sun’s heat and 93% of annoying glare
- SAVE MONEY. Keep the heat from getting in and you won’t have to pay to pump it out. By rejecting the heat before it enters through the window will translate into savings in air conditioning costs.
- Currently Australia is the largest producer of Green house Gas Emissions per capita in the world. By 2010 40% of Australian residential energy consumption will be for heating and cooling and this represents approximately 15% of GGE. The installation of 3M™ window film will contribute to reducing energy consumption and the production of Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- The sun’s ultraviolet rays are a major contributor to fading.
- Carpeting, furniture, paneling, electronic appliances, desks and curtains represent a sizable investment that can quickly lose value when damaged by prolonged exposure to the sun.
- 3M™ Films filter out 99% of the sun’s harmful rays.